What We Started With...

We took our first camping trip in the new popup about a week after we bought it. All we needed to do was load it with our goodies, and hit the road. And by goodies, I mean color coordinated decor so that it would feel like a cozy home away from home! Because my bedding hadn't arrived yet, I just grabbed the bedding from the boy's rooms (because they match! LOL). I bought a blue tablecloth to cover the brown warped table.



If you've ever been in a popup, the overhead lighting is functional. But awful. So I went to Target the night before the trip and grabbed these pretty grey burlap lamps on clearance for $15.00 ea. Great amount of light, and cute. Bonus: I have a cabinet that they fit perfectly in while traveling! I'm going to look at Hobby Lobby for a pretty florette accent that I saw last time I was there. Who knew they made lamp accessories?



In my hunt for new bedding, and all thing organizational for the camper, I found these soft tower bins at Garden Ridge.  Best part? They fold completely flat for traveling. Even better? They were 50% off red-line. $12.50 ea. The boys have a tower, and Adam and I have a tower. No living out of a suit case. Underwear and socks and jammies in the top, shorts in the middle, shirts on the bottom.



I needed food storage containers. Critters come out when they smell food and goodies. I found these Better Homes and Gardens brand seal-tight containers at Wal-mart. They worked out GREAT on the first trip.

I enjoyed bringing my crock pot camping this time! Easy lunch! Next trip will be a little chillier, so a crock full of warm soup will be awesome! And no mess!












The camper was great when we bought it...
we just made it better!

2 comments:

  1. I came to your blog from the PopUpPrincess to see the remodel... nice job! I love that you used shower curtains-- that is so smart since things tend to get damp when camping. So, tell me about that white shelf hanging over your galley, please. Looks really useful. And those folding storage bins with drawers are great! I've never seen anything like them. I bought an Origami shelf for our pop-up and love it but it's a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have this exact same camper (Coleman Timberlake, right?) I'm looking forward to checking out what you've done. Ours is in really great shape for its age - I just hate the cushions and valance. The curtains are actually sage green in ours and the linoleum and counters are in really good condition, but this gives me ideas for down the road!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS