We bought a Popup!

Adam and I enjoy adventures. And we enjoy travel and fun with our boys. Sometimes you just need to get away from the hustle and bustle of real life. Our last toy we bought to be able to "forget real life" was our Yamaha AR 210 Jet Boat. 



We LOVED our boat! Our boys learned to knee board, we made amazing memories with friends and family on the lake, and it was easy to maintain. We loved being on the water--so relaxing! But our boys play baseball--and we travel for tournaments. So our poor boat sat in storage for a LONG time--almost 5 months. It was a tough choice, but we decided to sell it, with the intent of buying a travel trailer so that we could still get away, and possibly use it at our baseball tournaments.

We did our research, we shopped around, we followed Craigslist and RVTrader, and yet nothing seemed to jump out at us.  We found a bunkhouse that we really liked--but after thinking and debating, we just really decided that spending $22,000 on something that we weren't 100% positive we would use, didn't make sense for the moment. 

Growing up, my grandparents had a small popup. A Jayco. And I LOVED that popup. We'd play house in the driveway on Sundays when my grandpa would set it up! I remember my Grandma putting in new cushions and new curtains--so I KNEW that it would be fun to renovate an old 1980s popup. I've talked about it for a few years. So the idea of buying a popup finally started to sink in with Adam.

One Saturday, after talking ourselves out of a travel trailer for the moment, I happened to jump on Facebook while the boys were in the front riding bikes and cleaning cars. And a post on a Yard Sale page popped up. 


A 2000 Coleman Timberlake Popup: $2500. 

Pictures were great! It was clean. It looked like it was in great condition. New tires. New mattresses......so, I called! He had a few people already lined up to come out and look at it, so we said we'd come out and look to, and if it was meant to be, we'd buy it. The best part? I had cash in a little jar, burning a hole in my pocket! No excuses!

We went out to look at it--the owners live on an amazing piece of property outside of town. They were super nice and had bad news for us when we arrived: he'd sold it. :( But if the deal fell through, he'd give me a call!

That following Tuesday, he called. The last guy couldn't come up with the cash, and if we wanted it, it was ours! SWEET!! 

We headed out to their house that night and came home with our Popup!! 



Our boys were SOOOO excited that night--already asking when our first camping trip would be! And honestly, Adam and I could not WAIT to take it out either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS