Color Scheme/Theme

When we bought our camper, I knew no matter how clean or in great condition it was, I wanted to make it cute. I started doing research on camper remodels, and HOLY SMOKES, there are some CUTE CUTE campers out there! But in looking at ALL of the adorable campers out there, I was stuck on the "theme" I'd want for ours. Beachy? Natural? Rustic? Shabby chic? Colorful? Modern? Remember, this is a relaxing retreat away from all the hustle and bustle of our daily week.

So I figured, we need to start with bedding. We have two king size ends, and I wanted to find two of something so that it all matched. Once I had the bedding colors, I'd go from there to pull it all together. I really had it in my mind that I wanted a grey/yellow color scheme...well, that didn't pan out. Here's why:

I set out to buy new bedding. I hit ALL of my go-tos: Target, Ross, Marshalls, JCP, Garden Ridge. Guess what? I found nothing. Nothing that jumped out at me. And what I DID find, was pricey. And let's not forget: this is a camper. We got it for a steal. And I'm on a budget! $80+ for a quilt set wasn't going to work.

Came home, and got online. Again, hit all my go-tos: Overstock.com, Wayfair.com, and the clearance for many of my favorite places. And again, became frustrated. I wanted funky, fresh, urban....and I just wasn't seeing what I liked. Then, I remembered Anna's Linens. 

And this is what I found:


And I actually really liked it! Best part: it was on sale for $29.99 for complete Bed-in-A-Bag! 


It's outdoorsy, it's soft in color, and like my home, I really am drawn to the soft greens and blues and greys.

I ordered two Queens. QUEEN? Yup. Remember, in a popup, the mattresses are not thick. And I didn't want a huge comforter hanging over the edges of the bed! Measured (using my own comforter from my master bedroom!) and indeed, a queen would work. I need to cut and adjust the sheets a little, but they are perfect!

Unfortunately, due to a delay with UPS, my new bedding did not make it in time for our first camping trip. Oh well! First purchase for the new popup: sheets, pillow cases, comforter, pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS