True Meaning of "Glamping"

We are not new to camping. Our family truly loves the outdoors, and while in the past we have "roughed it", this Momma does NOT like to tent camp. At all. I am a true "boy mom" on most days. I will get dirty, go fishing, hike, bike, run, play baseball, race cars, paint, do yardwork...you name it, I can do it (I draw the line at bugs!) but this "girlie girl from a past life" prefers a Hilton or a Hyatt to tent camping. And while I HAVE tent camped in the past, it was still "glorified tent camping": organized rubbermaid containers with labels, air mattresses, cute tableclothes, fancy s'mores in waffle cones in foil packets, planned out activities, cute outfits, my griddle for pancakes and eggs and bacon...and back in the day, I called this "fancy camping." 

That is, until THIS little word came into my vocabulary: GLAMPING


Glamping: NOUN  
 a trend among vacationers who want to be in the wild but don't care to sleep on the ground, tromp in the dark to communal bathrooms and cook over campfires.


The popup camper that we bought is super clean, hardly any wear and tear, but it's still a 2000 year model. 14 years old. And doesn't reflect us AT ALL. So, we are going to make it "pretty". A little home away from home. Not just a place to sleep in the wild, but a quaint place to ENJOY. 

...and it has a potty and a shower! Best. Part. Ever.

Let the Glamping Begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS