Curtains

The curtains in the camper were functional. Black out fabric on the back, a simple tan color, clean. They were just a little too plain for me. I wanted something funky. And functional. And fun.

After buying the pretty square beige fabric at Hobby Lobby, I brought it home, held it up to see how it all fit together....and I hated it. It just didn't go with the rest of the camper. It was way too yellow compared to everything else in the color scheme. 


After hanging the shower curtain, my mother says "why don't you get a few more shower curtains and use those as your curtain fabric?" Genius! And cost wise, it was only about $10 more to have exactly what I wanted vs a fabric that didn't match. 

We went on the hunt for 4 more shower curtains. I found 3 at one Target, and Mom found one at another. So we had the curtains in hand...but they were still that crazy stark white color. So what do we do?! Tea stain 4 shower curtains in moms master bathtub. And they came out great!!!

Now the next part, I have no photos of. Because in the chaos of baseball games, in-laws coming to town, more baseball games, and a photoshoot, I didn't have time to work on curtains....but my momma did! Or, well, she made time. 

And she didn't bring them back til the very last day of renovations, and they were like the bow on the top of the present, the cherry on top!

If you are cutting, sewing, and hanging your own curtains, there are lots of blogs and tutorials. But the key? Grab the curtain clips. If your popup doesn't have any, this is an AMAZING resource/store:


I had to call the other day to ask about a light for the camper that had cracked, and Derek is super nice and FULL of helpful information. Need a part? Not sure what you need? Give him a call!

1 comment:

  1. How did you sew the curtain clips onto the curtains.
    I have my fabric and my clips and am struggling with do I hand sew them on? Or do I use the machine, will it break all the needles?

    Thanks for your help/suggestion

    ReplyDelete

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS